1.1 Types of Personal Information We Collect
We will collect certain personal information (including where applicable sensitive personal information) from you when you apply for an employment with us. Such personal information (“Personal Information”) includes:
a) your name, identification information, contact information (mobile number/landline/email address), home address, home port, date of birth, passport size photo;
b) your resume, your educational and professional qualification records, your work history, and relevant references;
c) your social account ID, profile photo and other data public available , or data made available linking your social media;
d) information collected while you access our websites, mobile applications, and social media platforms (including the details of your visits and other information collected through cookies and other tracking technology); and
e) any other personal data you choose to provide us.
1.2 You understand and consent that we may also collect Personal Information about you from third parties such as our local and overseas affiliated companies, joint ventures (“Other Genting Companies”), manning partners, your present and former companies you were connected with, your referees.
1.3 Where you provide us with Personal Information about another person(s), for example: names and contact details of your family members or other reference persons, in connection with your employment application with us, you consent that we may contact them for a reference, and you represent that they have appointed and authorized you to act on their behalf. This includes providing consent (to the extent this is required) to:
a) us processing their Personal Information; and
b) you receiving any personal data protection notices on their behalf.
We may ask you to provide evidence that you have been appointed and authorized to act on behalf of the other aforementioned persons.
2. Purpose of Collection
2.1 We may use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
a) to process your employment application with us;
b) to assess the suitability of candidates for the relevant vacancy;
c) to communicate with you in relation to your application;
d) to determine preliminary remuneration and benefits package upon successful application;
e) to facilitate our advice to you of other employment opportunities which may be of interest to you;
f) to conduct reference check on you;
g) to comply with any legal, regulatory or statutory obligation; and/or
h) any other purpose relating to the above-mentioned purposes.
2.2 To fulfill any of the above purpose, you may be contacted via email, direct mail, telephone call, SMS or other means that are allowed by local authorities.
3. Disclosure of Your Personal Information
3.1 We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties for the purposes outlined in “Purpose of Collection” section, including without limitation, to the following third parties:
a) local and overseas affiliated companies, joint ventures of Genting Hong Kong Limited (Other Genting Companies);
b) our accredited service providers including but not limited to external auditors, manning partners, bankers, medical practitioners, insurance companies, provident fund managers and any consultant and/or agent appointed by the company to provide and administer employee benefits. All such service providers will be bound contractually to keep all information confidential;
c) third party reference providers;
d) other third parties as part of cross reference or employment due diligence;
e) regulators and government agencies;
f) law enforcement agencies; and
g) the courts.
3.2 However, we will not disclose your Personal Information to any third party except when required by law or when we have your explicit consent.
4. International Transfers on Personal Information
5. Consequences of Failing to Provide Personal Information
5.1 You may always choose what Personal Information (if any) you wish to provide to us. However, if you choose not to provide us with certain information marked with an asterisk or otherwise, indicated as mandatory, we may be unable to process your request or comply with our legal obligations.
6.2 The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
a) the length of time we have an ongoing relationship in connection with your employment application with us (for example: as long as your application is being processed);
b) whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example: certain laws require us to keep records of your application for a certain period of time before we can delete them)
c) whether retention is advisable considering our legal position (example: statutes of limitation, litigation or regulatory investigations).
7.1 We use reasonable and appropriate measures to protect your Personal Information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction, taking into account the risks involved in the processing and the nature of the Personal Information.
7.2 We use technical measures such as access control, password protection and dedicated user id for authentication to protect your data and the systems they are held in. We also use operational measures to protect the data, for example by limiting the number of people who have access to the database where Personal Information is stored.
8. Cookies and other tracking technologies
9. Access and Correction Rights
9.1 You have the right to request access to and/or correction of any Personal Information that you provide to us. You may make such a request by writing to:
Attention: VP – Fleet HR
20/F Wisma Genting Jalan Sultan Ismail
Kuala Lumpur Malaysia
10. Data Protection Officer
Attention: Data Protection Officer
Suite 1501, 15th Floor, Ocean Centre
5 Canton Road, Tsimshatsui
Kowloon, Hong Kong
- Genting Hong Kong Limited and its subsidiaries (including but not limited to Famous City Holdings, Genting Cruise Lines Ship Management Sdn Bhd, 云顶旅行社（上海）有限公司 (Genting Travel Agency (Shanghai) Company Limited), 广州宝瓶星企业管理咨询服务有限公司 (Guangzhou Superstar Aquarius Consulting and Management Service Limited), Strada Maritime Corp., Martley Shipping Inc., Star Cruises (HK) Limited, Dream Cruises Management Limited, Resorts Entertainment Holdings Limited).
- The European Economic Area includes EU countries and also Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway. For details of EU countries, please refer to the link (https://europa.eu/european-union/about-eu/countries/member-countries_en).
- Application: This appendix applies if you are based in the EEA during your interactions with us (other than where you are in the EEA solely for travel purposes).
- Sensitive Personal Information: Certain kinds of personal information, such as information about your racial or ethnic origin, your religious beliefs, or your political opinions, are special categories of personal data which by law require additional protection. We try to limit the circumstances in which we collect sensitive Personal Information of this kind.We will typically ask you for your explicit consent when collecting and handling this type of Personal Information, unless we are otherwise permitted to process such Personal Information under European data protection law or the laws of the EU member state in which you are based.
- Transfer outside the EEA: We may transfer your Personal Information outside the EEA in certain circumstances (e.g. to perform our contract with you). We will use one of the following safeguards to ensure that your Personal Information is protected:
a) Use standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission. The standard contractual clauses are available at https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/data-transfers-outside-eu/model-contracts-transfer-personal-data-third-countries_en;
b) Transfer the data to the non-EEA countries recognized by the European Commission, to ensure that such data transfers are compliant with applicable privacy legislation. The list of the non-EEA countries recognized by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of data protection according to EEA standards is available at https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/data-transfers-outside-eu/adequacy-protection-personal
4. Legal basis for Processing Personal Information: We only process your Personal Information to the extent that at least one of the following legal grounds applies:
a) Consent: where you have consented to our processing of your Personal Information for employment application with us;
b) Contract performance: where the processing is necessary for us to perform our employment contract with you or to take steps at your request before we enter into the contract;
c) Legal obligation: where we need to process your Personal Information to comply with our legal obligations;
d) Vital interests: where we need to process your personal data in order to your vital interest or another natural person
e) Public interest: where we need to process your Personal Information to carry out a task that is in public interest;
f) Legitimate interests: where we have a legitimate interest in processing your Personal Information. For example, we need your information in order to be able to assess suitability for potential roles, to find potential candidates and to contact you and referees, but even so, we will not unfairly put our legitimate interests above what is best for you.
5. Legal Basis for Processing Sensitive Personal Information: The legal grounds for our processing of your sensitive Personal Information are:
a) Consent: where you have explicitly consented to our processing of your sensitive Personal Information;
b) Vital interest: where we need to process your sensitive Personal Information in order to protect the vital interests of you or another natural person where you or the other person is physically or legally incapable of giving consent;
c) Legal claims: where your sensitive Personal Information is necessary for us to establish, exercise of defend of any legal claims;
d) Substantial public interest: where we need to process your sensitive Personal Information for reasons of substantial public interest set out in EU law or the laws of the member state in which you are based;
e) Public interest in area of public health: where we need to process your sensitive Personal Information for reasons of public interest in the area of public health, such as protecting against serious cross-border threats to health, set out in EU law or the laws of the member state in which you are based.
6. Your Rights: In addition to the rights set out above, you may have certain rights in relation to your Personal Information:
b) You can complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your Personal Information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. Contact details for data protection authorities in the EEA and Switzerland are available at: http://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/article 29/item-detail.cfm?item_id=612080.
c) Similarly, if we have collected and processed your Personal Information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your Personal Information conducted in reliance on lawful processing ground other than consent.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. We may ask you to verify your identity in order to help us respond efficiently to your request.